Check Out These Comprehensive Maps of Our Area!
SELECT EACH EVENT NAME to open a window w/ information.
Instructions for ADDING YOUR EVENTS are below calendar
PLEASE--> DOUBLE CHECK! before you save. You cannot re-edit. You can contact us and we'll be happy to make corrections .
HOW TO ADD YOUR OWN EVENTS TO THIS CALENDAR:
1. Select the "AD EVENT" button just below the calendar.
2. Once the small event editor screen appears, enter the name of the event in the small long text box labeled "Title" right above it.
3. The next text box on the editor screen is labeled "Description." Here is where you enter the text that will appear in the box once the visitor to the calendar clicks the title of the event. You can use the text editor to write a very long description, or you can list a number of shows or events along with the time.
4. Select the date for your event, and then either select the time of day. If you rather, you can select "all day event" and the event will show on the front of the calendar without a time. Use the "all day" selection for the time if you're putting times in the window that appears when the event name is clicked so you won't need the time on the calendar face.
IF YOU LIKE, YOU MAY SELECT TO SAVE NOW AND THE EVENT WILL APPEAR ON THE CALENDAR!
Or, before you save you can ad a clip art image to the dates box that appears on the front of the monthly calendar. Your options will only be the small number of clip art images provided by the calendar software program. If you want a custom tiny image on the face of the monthly calendar, you will need to send it to the Pointe Coupee Parish Office of Tourism at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that they ad it to the front for you.
5. You can add an IMAGE OR POSTER TO THE WINDOW THAT OPENS when the event name is clicked. This process is much different from adding the simple clip art to the small date box on the face of the monthly calendar. To use this function, the image you wish to show cannot merely be stored on your computer. It must be stored on a public space on the internet. You must have the image stored in one of the image sharing sites like PHOTOBUCKET, etc... and copy the image url "code." In Photobucket, you will copy the code labeled "Direct Link." An example of what such a code is supposed to look like is: http://pctourism.org/images/rising.jpg. If you were to click this code or put it in a browser, it will open to the image on the server on the internet.
a. After you fill out your event information and before you select "save" at the bottom of the small editor window, you will need to select the small "insert image" icon ----><---- found on the text editor. Another even smaller window will open. This even smaller window is where you will paste the image location "code" where there is a text box labeled "url." If you like, you can copy and paste the sample code above to see it work.
b. Select "INSERT" at the bottom of the image entry window and the window will close and you will see the corner of your image appear now in the big text box of the event entry text editor.
c. Now you can click "save" and your event will appear on the calendar, and the name of the event will be a link to a page with your text info and picture!
HAPPY CALENDAR SURFING!